APRIL 3, 2020
As Georgia prepares to shelter-in-place for the next 14 days, I wanted to send you a quick update:
• Yes, we are open for take-out and delivery in accordance with the Georgia Stay At Home Order.
• Your health is our priority. When you order from Doc Chey’s, Dragon Bowl or Osteria 832, you are ordering from a neighborhood restaurant that is taking every possible precaution to ensure that your meal is prepared, packaged and served safely. We continue to follow the CDC guidelines and beyond.
• Now closing at 8pm. Our restaurants are closing an hour earlier so our staff who live in nearby cities with 9pm curfews can safely get home in time. You can view the current hours of operation on each restaurant’s website.
I truly appreciate your support and hope you will consider ordering from us frequently until this crisis is over. You can also order meals to help feed Atlanta healthcare workers and homeless youth. Thank you for placing your trust in us. Stay safe.
MARCH 24, 2020
We wanted to update you on how to enjoy Doc Chey’s food during the COVID-19 crisis:
• Our dining room is closed. We are offering take-out and delivery service only everyday from noon – 9pm. If your order has been paid for, it will be waiting for you on the counter right inside the front door. If you need to pay for your order, please see the cashier for your order. For the safety of everyone, please remember to maintain a distance of 6 feet from any other guests or staff.
• Contact-Free Pick-up – Place your order on our mobile app or website, or call (404) 688-4238 (Grant Park) or (404) 888-0777 (Morningside).
• Delivery – Place your order on our mobile app or website (these are our preferred methods since we avoid third party delivery fees), UberEats, Postmates or DoorDash.
• Safe and Sanitized – Your safety and the safety of our employees is of utmost importance to us so we will continue to be diligent with cleaning all contact surfaces in our restaurant and insuring our employees are healthy.
• Karma Club Policy – You can continue to accrue points, but we ask that you do not redeem rewards during this crisis.
As we navigate these tumultuous times, as the owner of Doc Chey’s, I have two primary objectives. First, we will do our best to keep our doors open during this crisis in order to serve our guests who crave our food and provide a paycheck for as many employees as possible. Second, it is my responsibility to insure that Doc Chey’s is here a year from now so we can continue to serve both our guests and employees.
This will take some very tough operational decisions on my part and continued support from loyal guests like you. We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received from our loyal guests and we hope you continue to order take out or delivery from us regularly until this crisis is over.
Doc Chey’s Grant Park has been especially hard hit by this crisis because of the furloughing of the government employees and other downtown Atlanta employees, who comprise a significant portion of our business. We will be relying heavily on our intown resident patrons during this crisis. Please consider ordering take out or delivery from us regularly until this crisis is over.
We have never taken your patronage for granted and we are especially grateful for your business during these trying times. We will continue to do our best to exceed your dining expectations during this crisis and for years to come. See you soon.
MARCH 18, 2020
I wanted to personally reach out to you and provide an update on the actions the HomeGrown Restaurant Group (Doc Chey’s, Dragon Bowl and Osteria 832) is taking to protect the health and safety of our guests, employees and neighbors.
We believe the best approach is to follow the guidance and advice of the medical experts so we are following the CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of viruses. We will provide hand sanitizer in the restaurant for our guests and we will step up our frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our restaurants paying special attention to high contact surfaces like chairs, tables, counters, restrooms, door handles and payment terminals. Employees will increase the frequency of their hand washing throughout the shift and any employees experiencing flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to work.
We take sanitation and food safety very seriously. Our most recent health inspection score at each of our restaurants was an A. We were committed to providing a safe environment for our guests and employees long before this coronavirus situation and our commitment will remain strong long after coronavirus is a distant memory.
Let me take this moment to thank you for your patronage and choosing to spend some of your dining dollars in my restaurants. I know you have a lot of choices on where to spend those dollars and I don’t take it lightly that you have chosen us. You have my word that we will continue to work hard and do our best to earn your trust and your business by providing you with affordable delicious food with friendly efficient service in a safe neighborhood environment.